NRC stands for ‘Noise Reduction Coefficient’. It is a rating system that explains how much sound an acoustic product can absorb. NRC ratings range from 0 to 1. An NRC rating of 0 means that the product absorbs no sound. An NRC rating of 1 means that the product absorbs all sound. In other words the higher the NRC, the better the product is at soaking up the sound.

The thickness and density of a product are two factors in calculating an NRC value. An acoustic product with a .95 NRC rating means that 95% of the sound in the space is absorbed, while the other 5% is reflected.

Stay on top of the latest BAUX News!

Invites to events and fairs
New product launches
Acoustic inspiration

Join BAUX network!